Friday, December 10, 2010

The reasonn for the Season

     Well its finally Friday YAY!!!! This week seemed to go by very slooowwwwww. Now dont get me wrong, I love this time of the year and want it not to go by too fast but.. this week was just crazy! Nick has picked up some extra work and thankfully got it done yesterday and today so we will have the weekend to spend together =) That always makes for a fab weekend! There are so many things I need to be getting done but with having such an anxious personality type.. Im really trying to stay clam and not worry about it! We have not even started our Christmas shopping. Thankfully this year we drew names again so we only have a few gifts to buy but we know what we are getting so I guess thats a plus.
    Nick and I have made a few decisions this holiday season, not only about this Christmas but Christmas' to come.. #1 being that next year, we start our christmas shopping before the month of December starts! (possibly even finish it!) #2, pick someone to give a nice gift to who really needs some encouragement or a blessing in their life! Or who just deserves it =) #3, Soak up every second of family time! As a kid, Christmas was always a huge deal in our family not because Santa came but because our grandparents would travel 3 or 4 hours from SC to where we lived and spend the night.. Also Christmas day is my Daddys birthday =) So Its a very special time. My brother, Thomas introduced me to a song I had never heard before last week. I cant remember the exact title but it was the story of a little boy at the mall where all the kids had lined up to sit on Santas lap, and he asked where the line for Jesus was.. it was very powerful! And something to think about.. obviously theres nothing wrong with Santa bringing gifts =) Or Santa himself (hes just so lovable =)
But remembering that He is the reason for this Season (And every season really) is most important. <3
  

No comments:

Post a Comment