Saturday, December 18, 2010

The Loss of someone very special..

     This week started out as a pretty normal week. Started the work week monday, came home and got up Tuesday to do the same.. early Tuesday morning my mom called me and as soon as I answered the phone I knew something was wrong. She said  while crying..'Hillary, Ive got some sad news, Jasper called me this morning to let me know Josh is dead. It was an overdose and things are still kind of up in the air so Dad and I are going to Salisbury to be with Jasper and Linda." Let me now explain who Josh and Jasper are and why they are so special to our family.
   
    Josh and his mom and  his dad Jasper had just moved to Salisbury about 2 weeks before they were in a very bad car accident where his mother was killed. My mom and dad just happened to work at the hospital there in Salisbury the night it happened and thats how we met them. Then to find out they had just moved into a house right down the street from our house. So we ended up becoming very close. While Jasper was recovering from surgeries and going back to work, My mom would get Josh off the bus and feed him, make sure he showered, did his homework and basically helped raise him. Josh became like our brother and really evened out all of Thomas, Morgans and Mines personalities. Thomas and I werent quite as adventuress as Morgan and Josh loved being adventuress!  We would jump on the trampoline, ride fourwheerlers out in the woods, go camping and fishing, grilling out, we use to have such a great time as kids! We all even remember the Sunday Josh made the decision to ask accept Christ. =) As josh became an adult he began to struggle with some addicting behavors and although he tried and tried to conquer them, thru rehab and accountability, this past monday he paid the ultimate price after accidently overdosing on what they think was morphine. His dad found him Monday night and I cannot even imagine being a parent and finding my child in that horrible circumstance. My mom feels like she has lost one of her own children and its been a pretty tough week to say the least.
      Yesterday we had the honor being apart of Joshs memorial service. Myself, along with Thomas, and Morgan got to sing "I can only Imagine" and my dad had the honor of giving the Eulogy. And Although many tears of losing Josh were shed, Just as many happy tears were shed as well because Joshs chains of addiction are now broken. He has been set free! We had not seen Josh in a couple of years but it was like we had just seen him 2 weeks ago... we were family. His 26 short years of life will never be forgotten. We miss you and Love you Josh..

<3   Born 8-31-1984,  Set Free 12-13-2010 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment